Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wild: From lost to found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Prologue:
"The trees were tall, but I was taller, standing above them on a steep mountain slope in northern California. Moments before, I'd removed my hiking boots and the left one had fallen into those trees, first catapulting into the air when my enormous backpack toppled onto it, then skittering across the gravelly trail and flying over the edge. It bounced off a rocky outcropping several feet beneath me before disappearing into the forest canopy below, impossible to retrieve. I let out a stunned gasp, though I'd been in the wilderness thirty-eight days and by then I'd come to know that anything could happen and that everything would."
Cheryl Strayed hikes the Pacific Crest Trail on her own. Read her story - we have the book: 813.6 STRAY

No comments: