Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Reversal by Michael Connelly

Defense Attorney Mickey Haller teams up with his ex wife, Deputy DA Maggie McPherson and his half brother, LAPD detective Harry Bosch to prosecute Jason Jessup, alleged child killer who has been imprisoned for the last 24 years. Jessup, out on bail, has been granted a retrial based on new DNA evidence.

The first chapter starts: “The last time I’d eaten at the Water Grill I sat across the table from a client who had coldly and calculatedly murdered his wife and her lover, shooting both of them in the face. He had engaged my services to not only defend him at trial but fully exonerate him and restore his good name in the public eye. This time I was sitting with someone with whom I needed to be even more careful. I was dining with Gabriel Williams, The district attorney of Los Angeles County.”

Mickey Haller has his work cut out for him when he goes from a defense lawyer to prosecuting attorney in this political nightmare that could derail the entire district attorney’s office.

Michael Connelly has a website: http://www.michaelconnelly.com/

No comments: