Friday, December 10, 2010

Bob Dylan in America by Sean Wilentz

Author and historian, Sean Wilentz writes: "On occasional pleasant Sundays, we'd take family strolls that almost always included a stop at the Folklore Center, which was crowded wall to wall with records and stringed instruments and had a little room in the back where musicians hung out. My first memories of Bob Dylan, or at least of hearing his name, are from there - Izzy (Israel Young) and my dad would talk about what was happening on the street, and I (a son who wanted to look and act like his father) would eavesdrop. Only much later did I learn that Dylan first met Allen Ginsberg, late in 1963, in my uncle's apartment above the bookshop."
We have the book and the audiobook available for checkout.
Check out the official website: http://www.bobdylan.com/

No comments: