Friday, March 25, 2011

Uncle Al Capone by Deirdre Marie Capone

The book starts: "I am a Capone. My grandfather was Ralph Capone, listed in 1930 as Public Enemy #3 by the Chicago Crime Commission. That makes me the grand niece of his partner and younger brother, Public Enemy #1, Al Capone."
Deirdre Capone says, "For much of my life, this was not information that I readily volunteered. In fact, I made every effort to hide the fact that I was a Capone, a name that had brought endless heartache to so many members of my family. In 1972, when I was in my early thirties, I left Chicago and my family history far behind me reinventing myself in Minnesota and making sure that no one in my life other than my husband Bob knew my ancestry. I succeeded - even with our four children."
You can find this book at Hibbing Public Library in the new book section.

No comments: