Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Dylanologists: Adventures in the Land of Bob by David Kinney




David Kinney: "I first found Dylan in the dusty basement of my childhood home. In the summer before my junior year in high school I was flicking through a pile of vinyl left behind by my older brother. I found a heavy box with five records inside. The man glowering on the front cover looked like he didn't take orders from anybody. I liked that. I pulled off the top of the box, slid one of the records from a sleeve, fitted the vinyl onto the turntable, and dropped the needle into the groove. The music started, and a switch flipped in my head. The album was called Biograph, a retrospective of the first two decades of a recording career still very much in progress."

Stop by Hibbing, MN for Dylan Days, May 23-24, 2014, celebrate Bob's 73rd birthday and meet the fans - the supercharged cultist fans that have followed Bob Dylan for decades.

David Kinney will be at Howard Book Sellers on Friday, May 23, 2014 from 3:30-4:30 with his new book, The Dylanologists along with winners of the B.J. Rolfzen Creative Writing Contest.
The Library's copy can be found in the new book section: 782.42164092 KINNE

No comments: